Monday, February 8, 2010

Fat Farm

Fat farms do they still have those? I need to go to one. So today I signed myself up for the diet doctor. After three prescriptions, several boxes of protein shake, and a few boxes of protein bars I was finally out the door. Turns out I am fatter than I thought by a whole 10 pounds. So I have decided to stop avoiding the mirrors and come to term with this over abundant skin I have been living in. I am over the vanity phase in my life. You know the way to much make-up, fake tan, etc but this is ridiculous! I have decided that when the weight has taken over to the point that I am too tired to play with my kids then it is time to take control! Jasson and I successfully gave up pop so I am hoping my transition to giving up the extra 1000 calories I eat a day won't be so hard. We are joining the gym and I am going to start walking on my treadmill in the mornings. However, the doctor said 80% of my fatness is what I eat. Turns out I am down with that because I really would rather starve than exercise, but hubby wants to exercise so I will do that too. Watch out Sarah! The new/old me is waiting to emerge! LOL! I vow to longer be the fat cousin! UGH just re-reading this and typing is wearing me out! I can do it I can do it!

On to more pleasant topics. We visited the Isley boys this weekend and had fun. Who knew that Mo has really chilled out since having kids. She didn't mind the screaming, ball throwing, up and down the stair action, around the circles in the house madness. I am sure my children were in heaven! We had a really fun time and by the time we left Jace almost liked me! Not enough to let me hold him but enough for a high five. That's progress! Anyway, Mo is doing my taxes (so nice of you) and is always surprised that Jasson and I can survive on our small income. I guess you spend with what ya got. LOL!

Superbowl Sunday was fun at our house. Jasson bought a new tv (I secretly wanted one too) so it was easier to see the players! The kids played with our friends' kids and had fun. I made way too much food and will have to eat it tonight so it doesn't go to waste. So the above mentioned diet will begin tomorrow.

Addison made it through the weekend with oh maybe 4 or 5 trips to her room (pretty good). The last time I thought hmm she is being awfully quiet! So I opened the bedroom door to find the stroller (one of three) covered in moose. Yes that is right hair moose. "what are you doing" "what its my cleana?" "addison cate that is not cleaner put it up right now and clean this mess". A few minutes later she comes into the kitchen "addison why were you playing in the moose?" "It's so soft and fluffy I just want to jump in that can and swim and float awound mama". moose (sic) is soft and fluffy and some days I wish I could just float around in it too. How can you be mad at that?

2 comments:

  1. That is too cute. SO, I need to lose 20 lbs, too. I am supposed to drop 10 before march 23, according to my doc. I am sure I have gained weight since he said that, cuz I always gain when someone says lose. Thinking back to the last itme I lost weight, I may get my tongue pierced again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I need more info on this diet doctor! I tried on a few (tight!) clothes today, you'd think it would provide some motivation!

    ReplyDelete