Thursday, February 4, 2010

Too old for mom?

I took lunch to my mom today and happened to see Jacob in the lunch line. I waved (with exaggerated excitement) and called his name. He peeked up at me gave the slightest most unnoticable wave back. As I walked out the door I heard him say to a classmate "what's she doing here?". NICE. Six years old and already to old for your momma? School really ages kids quickly especially ones as sweet as my Jake.

Addison oh Addison. I received an email from daycare yesterday that my girl was being rude, not participating, telling the teacher they were mean, she didn't have to listen or do what they said. I spoke with her upon arrival to pick her up and gave her two choices: apologize and all is forgotten or go to your room for night, but you will still apologize in the morning. Of course she opted for the latter and spent the evening alone in her room. At first (because she cried) I thought Ah Hah this is working! Then I heard chatter and laughter coming from her bedroom. Turns out that the alone time allowed her to actually play with all of her toys. You know all the ones she just had to have that sit on her shelves and floor unattended too. So much for punishment in your bedroom!

Jasson will be going to LA next week. The kids and I will be on our own. Sorta. Mom will be spending the week with us while he is gone. Jacob has already asked if we could eat out every night that daddy is gone. I told him we just had pizza. Well that doesn't count because we picked it up and ate it at home! Jasson and I have created fast food out to eat junkies!

No comments:

Post a Comment