Monday, January 4, 2010

Holidays are over!

The new year is upon us now and I am looking forward to new adventures! We had a great Christmas, which included spending time with my new niece. I survived the New Year's Eve lock-in at church and am close to hiring someone for my shelter. I think things are settling down now.

So Jacob and I were leaving my mom's the other day and talking about something that I have already forgotten, anyway he says "OMG". I say what does that mean (of course I know but does he?) "Oh my gosh". Wow six years old and they already learn all the text lingo.

Speaking of what children hear and learn Addison was in the living room and I was watching a show on ABC Family channel the character says something and used the word "sex" so Addison asks me what that means. Now I usually over explain things and have been trying not to do that lately. So I told her it means if you are a girl or a boy. So she says "I am sex?" No Addison your sex is female that means you are a girl. She just wouldn't drop it! So finally I had to tell her we just don't say that word. So let this be a lesson that even "family" channels often say things that are unnecessary and things that children shouldn't hear. The lesson to me is to watch tv in my bedroom!

My kids have said some funny things lately and I meant to remember them so I could post, but I waited to long and now have forgotten. I will try to post pics on here soon. Trying to dress the page up a bit and keep up with my over achieving bloggin' cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment