Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Surgery

Addison has recovered from her surgery. She did however break the stitches open and has a nasty open wound in place of her mole. We are cleaning that twice daily. She still has not forgiven me for having the mole removed.

Jasson's grandpa passed away on Sunday. The kids knew this grandpa (his other grandpa died late 2009, but the kids didn't know him). I am very up front, open and honest with my children about most things. Okay, they do still believe in Santa, the tooth fairy etc. but the rest of the stuff I don't sugar coat. Anyway, we talked about dying and heaven. Last night Addison and I were eating dinner and she started singing a song she made up about grandpa Stan. It went to the tune of "oh Christmas Tree". If I could figure out how to post video on here I would post it. It was so sweet. It is times like last night that remind me there is sweetness in my girl she just doesn't like to let it loose very often.

Jacob had his first basketball game on Saturday. He had a lot of fun and was worn out afterward! He now has his own basketball and Jasson has been working with Jacob on the funamentals. So now Jacob has been in basketball, T-ball, swimming, karate, tumbling and one try at gymnastics. He wants to try tap next. Hopefully, he will find his niche soon.

1 comment: