Monday, December 14, 2009

Fun Weekend

Wow! Monday already! The weekend went very fast! Jasson and I were able to get a little bit of Christmas shopping done on Friday night. Thank you Mama for keeping the kids overnight. We went to one of my favorite restuarant's Carrabba's (spelling?) and split a meal, which was the perfect size and so YUMMY!

Saturday I attended the women's luncheon at church. It was really fun and inspirational. If you don't have a home church you should try Newspring Family Church in Jenks. Now for my Catholic family our type of service is waaay different, but don't let that intimidate you.

Then we went to the Christmas train. This year I appropriately dressed the children so they didn't freeze and thankfully the sleet stayed away too. The kids had so much fun. While there I forgot that I was an adult with responsibilities, bills, etc and just had fun. Jacob and I rode a go-kart and Jasson and Addison were in one. Quite a site to see us squeezed in there! The kids got to ride a horse. Addison asked if she could have one of those little horses once Bella dies. Yes, we have had the death conversation more than once. I think if parents talk about stuff like that it is less scary for children. I don't ever remember being scared of dead people.

Jasson got our pool cover on (finally) only to state it would only be about 4 months until it was time to take it off again. Time sure does fly when you get older.

Last night we were at Walmart and Jacob wanted an Ipod for Christmas. The shuffles are too little and the other ones are too expensive. Anyway, we got a GREAT deal on an mp3 player and bought it for him. He was so sweet about the whole thing. He said "maybe you can wrap it up, put it under the tree, and I will forget what it looks like by the time it is Christmas, then I will be surprised!" So sweet! Love him!

My Addy girl is still wearing mismatched socks. Jasson wants to buy her a bunch of socks for Christmas so she will have more to choose from to be mismatched. She likes bright and patterned. Sometimes they match her outfit sometimes not. But she likes it and that is most important. I will find out later this week when she gets her mole removed, turns out today's appointment was just so the doctor could measure it.

Counting down the days to meet my new neice Iris!!

1 comment:

  1. I wear bright mismatched socks, too. With stripes or polka dots. Addy is cool.

    ReplyDelete