Friday, December 11, 2009

In love and in Kindergarten?

Yes, it is me again at 3:19am I have taken to the night hours. My office is freezing and I would so much rather be snuggled in bed with my husband! But I am here again tonight. If you are a follower and know someone looking for on-call work please send them my way.

So yesterday morning I made the kids breakfast and Jacob tells me two of his classmates are "in love". So I ask "what does being in love mean?" Addison "I don't know" Jacob "I guess when you ask someone to go out." So I ask what does going out mean? Jacob "When you get together and talk about your life, play games, and then at the end you (he paused) kiss!". So I explained that in kindergarten you are too young to be "in love" and that they are not allowed to have girlfriends/boyfriends until they are 20 year old. So my precocious Addison tells me she already has a boyfriend. (He called like 5 times during breakfast). So Addison who is your boyfriend? Blake (this would be Blake Million some of you may know his parents Brett and Michelle). I asked Addison does Blake know he is your boyfriend? Yes she says with a laugh.

Why at such young ages does this start I wonder? Why is it that we spend all of our young years wishing to grow up and all of our old years wishing to be young again? Gotta make my rounds I will back....okay most are sleeping.

As we head into Christmas it has been weighing heavily on my heart all the people that are struggling in this economy. We all see the angel trees, read the "neediest family" in the paper, drop our money in the red kettle. We know those will be taken care of. Please think of those they may not have made it on a list. They might be our friends, our neighbors, or even our own family. Keep those people too in your thoughts as you are giving this holiday season.

On a happier note, now that I have depressed myself because I want to give to EVERYONE but cannot do so, my sister is coming home!!! I will finally get to meet baby IRIS! I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait!!

1 comment:

  1. Yup - no boyfriends for Iris until she's 27. Although, I had one in pre-school.

    ReplyDelete